October 19, 2011

Hue Jack City Is Not Screwing Around!






I don't know about you, but I have waited for someone like Hue Jackson for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. This man controls his environment, makes smart decisions, takes risks, makes no excuses and WINS! I mean, when was the last time you could look at a Raiders coach and say, this guy has the potential to make a difference? Jon Gruden right?

Look at the message this guy is sending not only to his team, but to the league. We are going to win. We are going to win now. And if you are a potential free agent or a player on our roster, you either come with your lunch in a brown paper sack ready to work, or I will bring someone else in here who will eat your lunch for you.

This guy is exactly what Al Davis needed to make sure that his franchise was ran beyond his time here. I am impressed and excited about being a Raider Fan. Not only for my love of football, but because there is an element of surprise in this team again.

Jackson was asked today, "Are you sending a message to your team." I mean come on. Really? You ask that? Here is what he said, "What do you think?" "No doubt. I told them, I am going to do everything I can, the organization has backed me, to give this team the best opportunity to win football games, and that’s all you can ask for." "As a head coach, when you have ownership, Mark Davis, Amy Trask and the rest of this organization stand behind you and say, ‘Hey, look, whatever we think it takes to win, that’s what we’re going to do,’ and that’s what we’re doing. The players appreciate that because it gets no better than that. You come to work everyday knowing that you’re fighting for something. And we’re fighting for a championship."

So you have to wonder, how does this affect the Veterans. You know, the guys who have this cloud of "Respect" and "Expectation" that they are here for the long haul just because they have experience and long tenure in the NFL. No one summed that up quite like Seymour. "This is a production business." "Our job is to go out and produce and get better as a team, and we’re always evaluated year in and year out, from game to game. And the best players are going to play. And that’s what we’re always told, so I’m trying to do everything I can to make sure my job is safe." Ha. Richard Seymour is worried about his job? Wow. You think this is a culture shock? No more scholarships? I think so!
So, today is Wednesday, the first day of the Carson Palmer era, and it is said that he, Kyle and Terrell all took snaps from the first team today.



Here are some quotes from the players following their first day's work together:

“He looked great,” wide receiver Chaz Schilens said. “That’s all there is to it, man.”

“He looked good,” Ford said. “It’s just a matter of the timing. He has to get that down and get used to the offense and new receivers. Whenever we can do that, we’ll be clicking on all cylinders.”

“Carson looked great,” Hagan said. “Obviously, the same Carson I’ve been working with throughout the summer. We had a few throwing sessions out in L.A. He looks the same. He’s putting the ball right on the money. Obviously that’s something we’re looking forward to.”

“I thought we were going to get (David) Garrard, but we got Palmer, so, hey, man, can’t do nothing but be happy,” Said Tommy Kelly

Here is Palmers take on the day:

“Definitely rusty,” Palmer said. “Good to be back in it but definitely have some rust to wear off. I haven’t thrown to NFL receivers in awhile. Whether it’s been high school kids or my brother, I have had one NFL guy to throw to in T.J. Houshmandzadeh but, other than that, I haven’t thrown to guys that can run like this and lots of guys that can run like this in seven-on-seven situations and team situations, things like that.”

Amid reports today that Al Saunders committed to Palmer starting, Hue Jack City had this to say. “You hear it come from me?” Jackson said. “It didn’t come from anybody over here. I know I never said that.” Jackson was asked how Boller took the news of Carson's signing and he said he took the news the way he expected.“He’s awesome, he’s a pro.” “Honestly, I don’t worry about that, because my players exactly why I’m doing what I’m doing,” Jackson said. “I don’t mince for words, I don’t pull any punches. I’m not sliding a guy in when nobody knows. It is what it is. It’s about the team. It’s about the winning. It’s about being the best we can be and I don’t think anybody runs from it.”

Raider Nation, our time is now. We can compete with the Patriots, Chokers, Squeelers, Green Bay and all of the other elite teams. I would bang my best against their best any day! Look out. We are coming through!


Chaotic View


No comments:

Post a Comment