December 28, 2010

Reflecting............




Its all but done. One game to finish the season and we go back to the drawing board.

Before we go there, I wanted to take a look at Sundays loss to Indy and reflect on a real life scenario that I went through as a kid.

For the guys out there, if you were the younger brother (like I was) or maybe you were the older brother, you can remember a time in your past where you had or were a bully brother and would fight with the smaller one. You would sit on them, slap the back of their head, hit them and run and all the while laugh about it when they would come back and fight you.

I remember many times I would go after my older brother with such anger, that this was the time I was gonna show him that I wasn't someone he could pick on anymore. As I would hit him, he would always pull out the longer arms trick and push himself just far away enough from me that I would punch towards his stomach but only hit air. Such an ass*ole.

This past Sunday was no different. 

We hit them with everything we had,


A LEFT.....


 
 
A RIGHT......
 
 
 
 
WITH SEABASS' LEG.........
 
 
 
 
but the big bully brother Indianapolis Colts would just push out their arms and we were swinging at air. I felt that way the whole game. So did Tom Cable, apparently....





The moment of truth that will stick in my head through the offseason was when Peyton Manning broke out on the bootleg to the left. He ran for 20 some yards and slid to keep the clock running. As he got up, he had the stupid grin on his face like, "HAHA little kid, you can chase me but you'll never catch me."

As much as you would like to believe it, we had nothing to play for in this game and I hated watching it for 2 reasons. Because the team already knew we were out of the playoffs before the damn game even began, and because we allowed this year to end without us even controlling our own destiny.

The whole offseason, through the draft, mini camps, training camps and everything else that happens, I will always remember this stupid look on his face as he ran for his life.......


 
 
Time to make vacation plans...... Maybe the 2nd teamers show up on Sunday against the Chiefs and we go 8-8...... MAYBE.......
 
As always, just a
 
 
Chaotic View


No comments:

Post a Comment